Hello all and Happy Friday! The weekend is usually peek venue hunting time. So for all of my newly engaged brides that are starting out on the path for the perfect wedding venue, here are some tips to make your weekend of venues a little less stressful.
- Get organized.
- Before you set out, make a list of the places that you’re seeing that day with your point of contact. At a certain point you may want to reach back out to the venue rep later so you’ll want to have that somewhere.
- Make sure you get a confirmation for your visit. If you don’t get one, don’t be afraid to reach out the day before to confirm. Venue reps see a lot of brides everyday so you want to make sure your appointment didn’t fall through the cracks.
- Have a list of questions ready so you don’t forget what to ask. You can find examples of this on a lot of wedding sites. I really love Here Comes The Guide’s list because it’s a little more thorough 🙂
- Take notes
- Once you’re in the door, make sure you take some notes about each venue. Take a little note book with you so you can keep track of all of the details during the tour. It’ll make it a lot easier for you when you sit down at the end of the day to go over everything. Make a note of pros, cons, capacity, etc.
- Take a break.
- Venue hunting can be exhausting! Make sure you take time to stop and grab a snack. Coffee at least!
- If you can, keep your group small.
- Choosing a wedding venue is one of the most important decisions you’ll make for the big day. Try to keep your group as small as possible, like just you, your fiance and your parents, or you two and your best friend. That way, the MOST important people are involved but you won’t be overwhelmed with 10 people’s opinions. It’s also your prerogative to keep the venue hunting strictly between the two of you. Some of my past brides decided to do the preliminary searching just them and their fiance and didn’t get other people involved until they narrowed it down to their top options.
- Got with your gut.
- You’re probably tired of me saying that, but I can’t stress it enough! Seriously. Follow your instincts. No one knows your vision better than you two. So if you walk into a place that you liked online and it doesn’t ring your bell in person, that’s more than okay. Don’t force yourself to like something that may not be your taste. Just cross it off the list and keep on rolling baby!
I hope you find this useful. As always, feel free to leave comments or questions, or send me a message! Until next time!!